About the Department
Department of Public Administration Mission
Changing Policy, Changing Lives
- The MPA program strives to advance the public interest and civic engagement.
- Our location in the state capital provides access to a diverse networked community of public affairs scholars, practitioners, and students.
- The development of our graduate certificate programs and our new undergraduate degree in public administration represent growth as we have seen the need to provide new public service education options.
- With our online program we have become more diverse and now contribute more to public service in many contexts nationally.
- The department teaches skill sets that include budget and finance, organizational behavior, human resource management, quantitative and statistical analysis, policy analysis, and program evaluation.
- Staff are always willing to assist students in navigating the institution from initial registration to graduation.
Tracking student outcomes:
Our program utilizes an ongoing assessment of student learning process to ensure students are learning what they need to know as program graduates and to meet NASPAA accreditation standards.
Student completion outcomes are tracked and reported to meet NASPAA standards.
Student cohort degree completion outcomes:
|Cohort academic year||Initially
within 2 years
within 3 years
within 4 years
|Total Students Graduated and Persisting to Graduation|